Friday, January 13, 2012

Awake for a 5 Minute Friday

I'm linking up with The Gypsy Mama for her 5-Minute Friday writing series.  This is my first attempt, so here goes...

GO!   My take on the word awake is to think of it as two words.  A wake.  A wake is observed when a person dies.  Now don't go calling me dark and depressed, just because I am considering that life will end.  It will, you know.  It will perhaps end when you least expect it.  So my topic is instead life, because a wake could come sooner than later.  Wakes are good things.  Observing a wake is observing the life of one who breathed, skipped, cried, slept, laughed--hopefully, often.  Wakes are evidence that a person mattered.  We need to remember that people matter.  Even if we think some of us matter less than others.  Every life has value and importance.  It's good to remind ourselves of this once in a while.    STOP!




That's it!  Let me know what YOU think, please!!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Lily!
    Let me welcome you to the 5-Min community! You did great for the first time - although that STOP! is so big it kinda scares me. :)
    I won't ever criticize how a person's mind works in 5 minutes - that's half the fun of the exercise ... but I do really like your message ... not forgetting that each one of us matter.
    Again, welcome! I look forward to reading you again!
    Felecia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. Love your different take on "a wake."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, GP! Thanks for the encouragement!!

      Delete